Wednesday, February 5, 2014

you are loved

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I have completed a card for a challenge... well, I'm combining two challenges really.


I really had fun stamping the background. I found it quite relaxing for me. Stamping on the vellum, not so fun. I couldn't get a dark image and I kept smudging the ink. Even though it wasn't noticeable to someone else, I knew the smudge was there and made a second card.


I made this card for Mama Elephant's challenge where I picked up the pinks and the pearls. I used three of their stamp sets and their Femme Frames die in this card. I love Mama Elephant.


Also this is my first challenge entry for The Card Concept. I consider my card to be Classy and Elegant because I added sparkling embellishments, used a rich and monochromatic color scheme with sweeping stamped images and embellishments. 



I hope you like my card and know that you are loved! 



Thanks for stopping by!



Materials Used:
Stamps: Mama Elephant (Love from Above, Pandamonium, Water Blooms)
Pearl Swirls: Want 2 Scrap
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black) Memento Luxe (Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Love Letter, Lilac Posies)
Dies: Mama Elephant (Femme Frames)



4 comments:

  1. I love stamping background too...and agree that vellum is not so fun. Try to set the ink with a heat gun or hair dryer. That will help with the smudging. So glad you joined us at The Card Concept this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking!!! Your monochramtic stamped background is beautiful - perfectly balanced with precision stamping. The pearl 'technique' that you used on the velum panel is amazing....espcially where you have carried the design through to the background paper! Stunning creation! Thank you for choosing to share your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge.

    Hmmm....perhaps the 'challenge bug' will bite and we will see you back again for the next challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous effect the vellum has added to your pretty pink card and of course the pearls are just lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete