Saturday, August 31, 2013

OHW Labor Day Weekend VCMP (Virtual Card Making Party)....Challenge 1 - Take Two

Okay. So my previous post I realized I did this challenge wrong. I only followed the sketch and did not do a winter or Christmas Theme. I tried to find a holly leaf or a poinsettia punch so I could just embellish the card. Nope. Adding snowflakes to the  existing card was just too busy.


Here is the sketch again. Note to self. Winter or Christmas theme



I went for the same look, but it didn't look right. I didn't have any Christmas/Winter themed paper so went with this dark green. I tried to glitterize it by using a bottle of Stickles. I wasn't happy with the outcome. So I opened one of many craft drawers and pulled out these shimmery powders that I have owned for many, many years. All it takes is a little dip and it goes a long way. I can pass these on to my great-great-great grandchildren and there will still be plenty of it. But for picture purposes I wasted some powder. I flipped the cap over for a photo moment and a lot of  powder fell from the cap. I stopped dipping from the main compartment and just took from the spillage and "cleaned" it up from there. 
In blog posts when one is showing off a glitter card they always say, "It looks better in person." Yup, the camera doesn't really capture the shimmeriness (is that a word?) of this card. 




 I still had a lot (well, to me it's a lot) of powder still left to be used. Crazy how some got on my scissors. I took my "oops" card and shimmerized (Is that a word?) the embossed portions. I like it a lot better.

Thanks for looking!

Take care.
Lynn


Supplies Used
Stamps: Stampin' Up (Petite Pairs)
Snowflake punches

3 comments:

  1. I really like your take on the sketch! Really pretty and what great contrast! - Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! I like your take on the inchie card! So much fun! I love your snowflake punches and the cool effect of the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of your cards. I like how you did the inches on the side and the "shimmeriness" looks great.

    ReplyDelete