Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dare to be You

Hello everyone! Here's a card that I completed this morning for two challenges combined. Cas-ual Fridays and Retro Sketches.


It's not exactly Clean and Simple, but for me it is. 


Here are the combined challenges. 



The Cas-ual Friday challenge was to use craft paper and text. I wanted my patterned paper to match the craft paper so I added some beige tissue paper on top. 


I added glue to the paper and spritzed it with water. I used a brush with more diluted glue and smooshed the tissue paper to the patterned paper. Do you remember doing this in elementary school? The old school decoupage method. 


I let them dry on some clear acetate scraps and cut them out when they were dry.


I liked the Dare to be You sentiment. The card in a way is crazy, different and daring. 

Thanks for looking. Have a great day!

Materials used:
Paper: Kraft paper, cardboard, Colorbok (Beach House)
Stamp: Verve (Dare to be)
Ink: Stampin' Up (Baked Brown Sugar)
Misc: Yarn, Drops were from a grab bag from a scrapbook convention. Maker unknown. 


1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete