Sunday, September 1, 2013

OHW Labor Day Weekend VCMP (Virtual Card Making Party) Challenge 3

Hello all. Here is my third challenge entry for OHW's VCMP. I have always wanted to learn this triple diecutting or triple stamping technique. I've seen a lot of tutorials out there, but like Seongsook in Seongsook's Creation said, there is a lot of paper waste. I understood her tutorial found HERE  but I didn't have any rectangle dies or even square dies (never thought I would need them because it's easy to cut those out...hahaha) So I improvised and I didn't stamp the page either. This is a pretty patterned paper.


This is my second card based on Seongsook's tutorial. I learned from previous mistakes I made in the first card. Instead of taking a ruler and making "frames" on my paper, I cut transparencies to the measurements I wanted (I used to be a Kindergarten teacher and still have my supplies) I used a Copic mark to color the edges or I would not see what I'm doing. This is the idea I want to achieve. I am also going to extend part of the leaves outside the rectangle.


So I lightly traced the bigger rectangles first with pencil. My idea is to not cut off the leaves.


This is what I mean. Anything outside the rectangle I kept. 


I did a better  job cutting this second card out with the x-acto knife. My blade just didn't want to follow the ruler the first time.


I glued the backs carefully, placing glue in the skinny parts of the cut. Then to avoid wasting paper, I cut a rectangle out of the center of the bigger piece. The leaves that are hanging out are not matted. 


I had a piece of scrap paper and I wanted some flowers to pop out. I didn't cut it exactly.  I wanted that red flower, but not that hard edge so I improvised and made a slightly smaller flower. 


The bottom mattes have no dimensional tape to it. Just dimensional tape to the small matte on the front of the card is elevated. I wanted this red flower in the corner so I put some dimension adhesive on outside of matte to support it. Did the same thing to a leaf. 


I accidentally ripped my outside leaf when trying to attach it to the card so I cut  out the blue flower and placed it on top of the tear. 


Here is the first card I made. Maybe you can tell, but the x-acto knife cutting is very crooked. 


Thanks for looking. Take care!
Lynn

Materials used:
Paper: Colorbok (Beach House) and matching cardstock
Stamp: Simon Says Stamp! (Talk Bubbles 2)

2 comments:

  1. these are super fun, love how you did them "wonky" and got such great use out of a really pretty piece of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Lynn, this will be a great tutorial for those who don't possess the dies. You know that I came up with my Triple Die Cutting Technique for just easier cutting at once without wasting papers by using dies. You did a great job by being out of the box. So pretty papers and you made it a beautiful card. Thanks for taking the challenge.

    ReplyDelete