Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Less is More Challenge

Hello everyone. I finished this card yesterday during some free time. Well it was a lot of free time because it took three tries to be very happy with the final product.
..

I am a fan of Stacey Yacula. She is a very talented artist that I discovered in Purple Onion Designs. I subscribe to her blog and love getting her new posts. The cute little critters she creates makes me want to go back to graphic design or take art classes but I cannot draw at all. I'm really good at doodling, but drawing... I wish! 



What a cutie this snail is! I had to freehand the rest of the grass to the edge of the card. That's just controlled scribbling. 


It took me three tries to like the final product. The first try (on the left) I was using my shimmery powder paint (maker unknown). Then I tried watercolor pencils and I didn't like seeing the pencils lines. When I tried to blend, my inexpensive watercolor paper was being destroyed. 


Then I used my Koi Watercolors and yay....Success! Some of the darker colors were hard to tell from so I used my previous attempts to check colors and practice on.

I made this card for the Less is More Challenge. Use rubber stamps and watercolors. 

Materials used:
Stamps: Purple Onion Designs (Stacy Yacula stamps)
Watercolors: Koi Water Colors

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Lynn. Wonderful watercoloring and your card is simply adorable!

    ~Shery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am a huge fan of Stacey Yakula and I love seeing these images!! I am amazed at the differences in products for watercoloring! Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet card

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete